Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Capitol Lightning

Late one night last week, a big storm started to move through town. So like any normal person, I grabbed the camera and quickly drove into downtown Little Rock. I headed to the State Capitol, which I thought might provide a good foreground as the storm came gushing in from the west.

I stayed out there until it started to pour down rain and I had to retreat with the camera to the car. But I did manage to get this one shot of a lightning bolt hitting right behind the Capitol.

IMG_2819-2

One weirdly random thing happened when I was out there taking pictures. It was probably about 11:30 at night, and I was standing in the grass on the Capitol lawn. A car drove down the road, and then stopped. The driver rolled down the window, and then yelled out "Hey man, what's your ISO!?" I told him, and he yelled back "Right on, bro!" and then drove away.

No comments: